Monday, July 29, 2013

Halloween is just around the corner!

It's almost August! Summer is quickly passing and since I am trying to change my procrastinating ways, I am already looking ahead to Halloween. Halloween is great excuse to play with paper I decided to go ahead and get a head start yesterday, by trying out some new Stampin Up Halloween items from the Holiday Catalogue. First is a simple card.  
 
For this card, I used the new Witches' Brew DSP (132185) ; even for the word "OPEN" which I cut out of the sheets. I also used some of the new Halloween Washi Tape (132156 comes with three different Washi Tape designs) and Black Glitter (132206 - Comes with both orange and black in a set) on the Raven. The Raven is in the Toil and Trouble Stamp Set  (Wood 131724 or Clear 131727). This was the first time I had used Stampin Up's Heat and Stick Powder to adhere the glitter and it worked like a charm! Once it set, there was no loose glitter and no mess. To complete the front, I used one of the circle punches to make a moon behind the Raven (Sorry! I don't remember the size!) and added two black Glimmer Brads (Basics 121003 in the current Annual Catalogue) and one of the Deco Labels Collection Frame Lits  (130102 also in the current Annual Catalogue).

For the inside of the card (see above), I punched two flowers (Blossom Punch 125603 in current Annual Catalogue) using two different pieces of the Witches' Brew DSP and cut a strip for the flower stem. I added a few slits with my Snips to the flowers and scrunched them a bit for dimension. Then I punched a couple of wings from the Bird Builder Punch (117191 in the current Annual Catalogue) to used for leaves.
My next post will be a Halloween Treat Bag! After all, what is Halloween without the Treats? Well, Tricks of course, but I would rather have Treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment